Saturday, December 26, 2020

The News Letter (..which fetched my first Job)

Beacon - The Light! It was an inhouse journal in my B-School, Dhruva College of Management (DCM), Hyderabad. 

Me, my fellowmates (Ratnakar, Rajesh and team) and my classmates Frontiers brought out Beacon each month successfully during our course and when the time came for us to handover the inhouse journal to our juniors Mavens, there was an event conducted to celebrate Beacon's anniversary. Thanks to Mavens!


During this event, I was called onto the dias to give a note of thanks along with my friends. The event was honoured by the Cheif Guest - Arun Sinha, Chief Officer on Duty, National Council of Rural Institutes (NCRI).

After the event, I was asked to meet Arun Sinha Sir. This connect landed me my first job in NCRI. Thanks to Arun Sinha and the Director Dr. S.V. Prabhath. Both mentored me a lot which I considered to be a great privilege. 

My first assignment was to design a new layout for the existing news letter - Ailaan. From designing, getting approvals, collating articles from esteemed personalities, proof reading, working along with a freelance writer Mithu Chinoy, and printing the final copies was a great learning experience. This assignment gave me my first job offer on April 21, 2008, which I happily accepted.

Thats how the below Ailaan news letter (April 2008 Volume -I, Issue IV) fetched my first job. 


Also see below one more edition for your reference.


Also have attached the first blue print of the Beacon The Light inhouse journal, Dhruva College of Management (DCM), Hyderabad.



No comments: