Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Twinkle in the Eye - What does it mean?


In the above picture, there is this twinkle on the Gharial's right eye, top right corner. By the way, its natural lighting. The same Gharial in the second (below) photograph gives us one of the comic-villains' smile. :-) Look. Isn't it?

I searched and found out that one of the meanings of "A twinkle in your eye" was: a happy expression in your eye. Being aware of the meaning, when I looked at these two pictures again, I was little confused. Though it posed nicely, Was the animal truly happy to see me? or Was it eyeing me as an option for a grand lunch? Look at the second picture again! You get the same feeling. Right?

But through further reading, I came to know that Gharials do not kill and eat humans. And they are also popularly known as Gavials, and the fish-eating crocodiles. Phew! I am relieved. Don't you get it? The Gharial was indeed happy to see me; and the smile was a very friendly one. :-)


Place: Guindy National Park, Chennai
Month/Year of Photography: April 2015


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one...

inderreddy said...

The second shot is simply amazing love the colors. from birds to Animals, a good step :)
Raja, please start working on your Trademark Watermark immediately

Unknown said...

Great and nice photography. After birds, I could able to see real liveliness in these animals too. Being a biologist, I love watching these pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed watching these pictures. Nice pictures prabhu and keep going. Spark is like a beauty spot yaar.. Good to see these amazing pics. Nice effort.

Anonymous said...

The eyes expression seems, it is ready to attach. I suggest, it would be better to stay bit way/be-careful from this type of wild animal while taking pics. But Pics are very nice….

ratnakar said...

Wow such an Amazing photo
Very Good Mani, You are just few steps away from being called as National photographer.

Aravanan said...

Pakka professional clicks .... ur article is also nice ... keep going ... :)